Getting Started: LumiLor Application
LumiLor is Different LumiLor sprays similarly to other paints but remember that when applying LumiLor you are constructing an electrical system that must have certain properties in order to work. Meticulously following the instructions, instead of relying on what you see, will increase your chances of success with LumiLor.
LumiLor vs LumiLor Pro The application process is the basically same for both formulations. If there is a difference it is clearly identified on this support site. The physical properties of each formulation, especially after being applied, have slight but noticeable difference. Be sure to follow the Basic Training Video for the formulation you are using as it will identify the unique qualities of that formulation. Click here for a complete overview of LumiLor vs LumiLor Pro.
- Must have the ability to read ohms, including mega-ohms, this. Amp reading may be useful but is not required.
- Any size and shape of blacklight can be used - handheld flashlights (you will need someone to hold it for you), miners light/headlamp, wands/tubes, cannons, etc. Larger black lights illuminate more workable area. Portable black lights allow for flexibility in pointing the light where needed. ?
- Stir sticks - glass or plastic (no metal or wood)
- Well ventilated area
- Compressor, airlines and fittings
- Automotive grade HVLP gravity fed spray guns with 1.3mm nozzle
- Paint Preparation System (PPS) with attachments - to allow spray gun to be stored upside down while not in use and will help to avoid clogging the nozzle with heavy particles
- hard shell cup
- disposable sleeves
- screw top lid
- fitting attachment (each brand of spray gun has different fittings, please check for proper fittings)
- Automotive grade clear coat
- Nitrile gloves
- Red Scotch Brite pads 320-400 grit
- 97% isopropyl alcohol
- Fine line tape 1/2"
- Masking tape 3/4" and 1/4"
- Masking paper 3"
- Drill or Dremel with 3/32" bit
- Infrared heat gun 500° - 650° Fahrenheit
- Strainers: 120-140 micron
- Mixing cups: 8oz or 32oz
- Tack rags
- Touch up brush pack - various sizes
- Spray suit
- Paint stand and cart
- Popsicle sticks
- Mixing plate
- 2 wash bottles (alcohol/thinner )
- Heat lamps and stand
- UV goggles (when using blacklight)
Disposable Cup System See video at the .bottom of this page for an overview of the recommended disposable cup system
How to Succeed with LumiLor A LumiLor Starter Kit and LumiLor Training Videos are the best way to succeed with LumiLor. The Starter Kits contain not only the LumiLor materials but also blank shapes and all the electronics you need to follow along with the training videos.A LumiLor Bundle contains all four components of the LumiLor system. LumiLor Bundles come in two sizes - a 4oz LumiLor Bundle and and 8oz LumiLor Bundle. A LumiLor Starter Kit is a LumiLor Bundle and a collection of blank sample shapes, electronics, and accessories needed to apply. Starter Kit accessories are identical for LumiLor and LumiLor Pro. LumiLor Starter Kits can be purchased from any of our LumiLor dealers